NYSERNet is currently seeking applications for a part-time Administrative Assistant.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Title of Immediate Supervisor: President & CEO
Status/Job Classification: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the NYSERNet President & CEO provide primary support for administrative and general accounting needs. Works closely with finance and accounting office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative and logistical support to President as required, including meeting and travel arrangements and agendas, note taking and document designing and formatting.
• Assist with planning key meetings and events, including coordination and logistics for onsite, virtual and/or hybrid events.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail at Syracuse office
• Manage office supplies
Accounting / Finance
• Code and process vendor invoices and obtain necessary approvals.
• Prepare member invoices. Maintain member and vendor invoice digital files.
• Provide backup support to accounts receivable function.
• Assist with preparing and delivering written communications to employees and vendors.
• Maintain fixed asset digital files.
Associates degree in business administration or related field, or a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. Excellent interpersonal and service abilities required including the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management. Microsoft Office environment knowledge is required. Must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Primarily a Microsoft desktop environment, including Office 365, Windows 10, Word, Excel and Outlook.
NYSERNet staff operate in a hybrid work environment and offer flexible work arrangements. This position requires proximity to NYSERNet’s main office in Syracuse, New York for agile response to office-related needs.
NYSERNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, reproductive health decision-making, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. NYSERNet is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org