Many of NYSERNet’s member institutions are employing VMware’s industry-leading virtualization solutions to:
- reduce costs through server consolidation, increasing energy efficiency and decreasing server count;
- promote business continuity through improved disaster recovery solutions;
- increase availability throughout the datacenter;
- virtualize enterprise applications to deliver higher SLAs and improved performance; and
- reduce overall IT operational complexity, while enabling flexible, agile IT service delivery.
Through the efforts of NYSERNet and VMware, and the commitment of NYSERNet"s Board of Directors, achieving these goals via VMware"s technology has become even more affordable. In 2011, NYSERNet and VMware executed an Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) through which qualifying NYSERNet members can enjoy savings up to 30% or more off of the academic list price of new VMware software licenses, as well as the Zimbra collaborative suite.
The full suite of VMware software products are eligible for discounting through this program. All VMware software comes with VMware’s Production Support & Subscription.
To order VMware or Zimbra products via this program, you must first sign the Terms and Conditions, and complete all parts of the NYSERNet Virtualization Order Form. (If you have not already done so, be sure to register with VMware before submitting your order.)
Please submit your completed order form to NYSERNet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in learning more about this program and the benefits it offers your institutions, please contact NYSERNet to discuss your institution’s needs.
Click here If you wish to be contacted by a Member Services representative about this service.
[ PDF version ]