The Colo@32 - NYSERNet's colocation center at 32 Avenue of the Americas in New York City - is the place on the east coast where national and international research networks converge to exchange network traffic. Home of MAN LAN - a collaborative effort of Internet2, NYSERNet and Indiana University designed to facilitate such peering - as well as NYSERNet's NYC POPs for both its R&E and DWDM networks, The Colo@32 is quickly gaining a reputation as the research and education networking hub in the Northeast.
Constructed at the heart of "The Hub at 32 Sixth", Rudin Management's 24th floor colocation and data facility, and adjacent to the building meet me room, The Colo@32 provides unparalleled opportunities for reasonably priced interconnections; low-cost, carrier-grade colocation facilities; and access to a host of data communications and voice providers. In addition, fiber facilities owned and managed by NYSERNet offer network and institutional customers access from 32 Avenue of the Americas to two other major Manhattan carrier facilities: 60 Hudson Street and 111 8th Avenue.
Purpose-designed and built to serve as a telecommunications colocation environment, NYSERNet's 1,500 square foot facility offers these features:
- Caged facility with fingerprint authentication access and 24x7 video surveillance.
- Building maintained access security.
- 24x7 escorted access provided by building personnel for authorized individuals.
- Two-post 19" racks, standard; cabinets, four-post racks and 23" two-post racks available.
- Overhead ladder racks for DC power.
- Dual -48v DC power feeds available to each rack, with multiple feeds (maximum 100 amps each, with a maximum of 100 amps total per rack) available in 10 amp increments.
- NYSERNet-owned and managed battery plant, supplemented by building generators.
- 115 VAC, 20 AMP duplex receptacles in alternate racks for convenience use.
- Separate fiber raceway with fiber management between racks.
- Low-cost cross-connects.
- PSTN and ISDN facilities available.
- HVAC maintaining nominal temperature of 72° and 60% humidity, non-condensing.
- Remote hands and eyes services available from NYSERNet.
- Shipping and receiving services available.
- Building-maintained pre-action sprinkler system for fire suppression.
Click here If you wish to be contacted by a Member Services representative about this service.
[ PDF version ]